Pupil Premium Strategy
In 2011-2012 the Government launched a new funding stream – Pupil Premium Funding. This funding is allocated to initiatives to ensure all pupils reach their potential.
Pupils entitled to Pupil Premium are:
· Looked After Children
· Registered for Free School Meals (FSM)
· Children of parents in the “forces” (Service Personnel)
This money was spent on a variety of initiatives and had the following impact:
· Maintaining high rates of pupil attendance
· Rates of progress, which demonstrate clear evidence of ‘narrowing the gap’ with a particular focus in reading.
· Enrichment experiences accessible to all children in order to generate maximum enjoyment and motivation.